Visiting Analyst (intern)
For our venture capital team in Amsterdam and Antwerp, we are looking for a Visiting Analyst (intern) to support the investment team and our VC portfolio.
The Visiting Analyst - Venture role is an internship role for a period of 6 months. Candidates will work with the Fortino Venture team that invests out of its latest 100M+ fund, making Seed/Series A investments in high potential startups throughout Europe.
The Visiting Analyst will help support or drive a broad range of activities which can include:
- Pro-active sourcing of potential investment opportunities though desk research, using our automation tools, networking with founders and other investors, visiting events, etc.
- Evaluating inbound deal flow
- Support the investment decision making process through due diligence support, reference calls, market research, preparation of materials, etc
- Engagement/projects with existing portfolio companies and within the Fortino Portfolio Community
- Preparing internal presentations, fund reporting, etc.
- Marketing and events.
What do we look for?
We seek motivated candidates that are ambitious, curious, enjoy taking on new challenges independently and with an entrepreneurial mindset. Analytic skills are important - but so is an ability to communicate effectively with your team members and startup founders. You will not spend much time in Excel, but rather have an interest in startups, venture capital and enjoy following the dynamics in software, SaaS and Cloud markets. You are interested in (new) technologies and perhaps have some technical background (e.g. computer science, data science/AI, business informatics) that you can apply in your work.
Compensation: EUR 600/month + expenses
Location: Amsterdam. Occasional foreign travel might be required.
Education: Finished or in final stages of BA or Msc degree, in business, technical or finance. Registered an accredited university or relevant educational institute during the internship.
Languages: Good working level English. Dutch, French and/or German is a valuable addition.
Timelines: for a period of 6 months (at least 32 hours/week).
How to Apply: Please send us your CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating your availability in the cover mail.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview as part of the recruiting process.